FamousFootwear.com asked: Why did you choose this?
- Darlene: "I have troubles with my heals and these are the only shoes I can wear. I love these shoes."
- Lois: "Needed something that wouldn't show dirt from work, turned out to be the most comfortable shows Ive ever had, this is my 2nd pair and will prolly get another pair for everyday use. Still have the original insoles in the old pair and they dont hurt my feet."
- Radha: "TRY TO TREK WITHOUT SLIPPING"
- Constance A.: "It's a great shoe!"
- Heather: "I like the durability and support of a Columbia shoe."
- S: "need hiking shoes and walking shoes for winter"
- Marie: "because i brought and loved them so I brought a few more. they are comfortable and there not white."
- Diane: "Comfort"
- P: "Looking for some hiking shoes that are comfortable and the reviews from others seemed favorable."
- Phyllis: "These will be a new brand for me, but understand it is a good brand. Wanted a second pair for fall/winter so can trade off with the New Balance."
- Katrina: "Amazing sell price and great reviews."
- Kayleen: "Brand recognition and price"
- Jacqueline: "good name brand and reviews"
- Teri: "Need something for Alaska - sturdier and warmer than a sneaker not as heavy as a full high ankle hiking boot."
liangfang asked: What's the weight of this shoe?
- Claire: "Sadly I had to return the shoe as it was just too roomy for my low-profile foot. However, I do remember wishing that it fit better so I could keep it. Well constructed, light-weight yet sturdy. A perfect light-hike shoe for summer. Get it! Good luck!"
- Sue A.: "I would say the same way as the regular tennis Shoe. I wore them all day for several days at Yellowstone with absolutely no problem ."
- Tiffany (staff): "Liangfang- This shoe weighs 12.7 oz. Thank you, Famousfootwear.com"
Sandy asked: Has anyone with orthotics bought or worn this shoe? Would this be a good, supportive shoe for somelne with flatfeet who needs arch support?
- Sandy: "Thank you ladies for your replies. I especially appreciate hearing that some of you have been repeat buyers and that these shoes were comfortable fr the start. I bought these today and am confident they will serve me well!"
- Claire: "Hey Sandy ~ Sorry to of no help. I returned this item as it was a bit too big my low-profile foot. I do recall wishing that it fit better as I loved the look, materials and price. I wear a heel lift in my right shoe. I have found that most Sketcher shoes accomodate that well. Good luck!"
- Lois: "I work in a factory, alot of 12 hr shifts on concrete, these shoes give excellent support and are comfortable, I too have flat feet."
- rena: "i pulled out the exisiting insole and put in my orthodics and they were fine. the only thing about thsi shoe i dont like is that it seems to be a little too wide across the top of the foot area."
- Sally: "They are great shoes for people who need support. I also have to wear extra arch support because of a high arch. I have wore them everyday for the last year! And I work in retail, so that means on my feet for 8 hours a day. Hope you like them as much as I have."
- Nancy: "I wear orthodics and this is my third pair of these...they are very comfortable and wear well. I try to walk at least 5 miles per day and they last me about 9-10 months without breaking down."
- Catherine: "I have worn this shoe 5-6 times now and have noticed the most difference in how my ankles feel. The shoes are comfortable and my ankles hurt less than when I wear my regular tennis shoes. I can't speak directly to your question, however, since I do not have the same foot shape/structure as you. I have been happy with the shoes. "
- Cynthia: "I do not wear orthotics but I find this shoe to be very supportive and has decent arch support. I have bought 5 pairs of these shoes because they fit so well and are immediately comfortable. I hike/walk about 3-4 miles every day, 5-6 miles on weekends. Great shoes."
Ranjan asked: Are these shoes water proof?
- Claire: "You know - I actually ended up returning the shoe due to fit issues. Sorry I can't help answer your question!"
- Linda: "Thank you for asking. I don't remember if they are or aren't but I'm pretty sure I used a waterproof protectant on them in case they weren't."
- Shannon: "They are water resistant. I work around water a lot and they have done a great job of keeping my feet nice and dry. I would recommend spraying them with a water resistant leather and suede protector at least once a year."
- Carol: "The soles and the base of the shoe is. The toes are, they are covered with the black rubber part and the soles are waterproof around where the tan part ends though they are not. I love theese shoes, I have bought several pair. very duable and comfy."
- Cynthia: "No they are not waterprrof. But I've had 5 pairs of them because they are so comfortable for walking and hiking. The soles wear out after awhile but they are like comfortable sneakers. I just love them, but no they are not waterproof. I wear wool socks with them so even if my feet get wet, they stay warm."