FamousFootwear.com asked: Why did you choose this?
- Teri: "Need something for Alaska - sturdier and warmer than a sneaker not as heavy as a full high ankle hiking boot."
Ranjan asked: Are these shoes water proof?
- Claire: "You know - I actually ended up returning the shoe due to fit issues. Sorry I can't help answer your question!"
- Linda: "Thank you for asking. I don't remember if they are or aren't but I'm pretty sure I used a waterproof protectant on them in case they weren't."
- Shannon: "They are water resistant. I work around water a lot and they have done a great job of keeping my feet nice and dry. I would recommend spraying them with a water resistant leather and suede protector at least once a year."
- Carol: "The soles and the base of the shoe is. The toes are, they are covered with the black rubber part and the soles are waterproof around where the tan part ends though they are not. I love theese shoes, I have bought several pair. very duable and comfy."
- Cynthia: "No they are not waterprrof. But I've had 5 pairs of them because they are so comfortable for walking and hiking. The soles wear out after awhile but they are like comfortable sneakers. I just love them, but no they are not waterproof. I wear wool socks with them so even if my feet get wet, they stay warm."