FamousFootwear.com asked: Why did you choose this?
- Jean: "read reviews sounds like good shoes for beach, hikingor whatever."
- Ann: "Wanted to try them"
- Carolyn: "I volunteer at a shelter working with dogs, in addition to hiking and during the warm Colorado summer months, these shoes seemed perfect for the job. They also had great reviews on comfort and fit, for buying via internet."
- Virgen M.: "first choice and excellent price while looking for a water shoes for woman."
- Stephanie: "These shoes are very comfortable and I like them instead of gym shoes because you have a scandal like shoe. This is my second pair and I love them."
- G: "I wanted something comfortable to walk and hike in. These are very comfortable and I love them"
- Jeffrey: "on sale"
- Tammy: "Vacation in Disney. I have heard these are a good idea. Good support!!"
- CAROL: "I LOVE TEVA"
- Shelly: "liked the style"
- Nava: "They are the BEST My first pair was around the world (!!!) and still ticking !!!"
- G: "reviews were good for good quality all day walking sandal"
- Georgette: "My girlfriend like these kind of shoes and hers broke last year after 5 years so its a gift"
- Jacki: "Wide at the toes, need ventilation, and most of all comfort."
- Heather: "had good reviews for comfort and support and need this for working outside during the summer"
Paula asked: How was the fit and comfort of the shoe?
- Stacy: "I purchased these to replace an older model. I found them to be not quite as comfortable, the arch seemed to be in a slightly different location, or maybe it's just firmer or I haven't got the adjustment quite right for my feet. Regardless, I wore them for an entire day, and my feet were quite happy, and there were no blisters or rubbing marks. My foot runs towards the narrow side, and I am flat footed, so as long as I have arch support, Teva's has been one of my go-to brands.."
- marlys: "i wear orthodics so i mighynnot be the best to sdk but i did buy another pair"
- Valerie: "Hi Paula: I love my Tevas. This is my second pair -- they're comfortable & a good fit. They wear well too. Hope this helps. Valerie"
- TAMMY: "comfortable fit and very comfortable to walk around in all day. I would recommend them. I found any type of Teva Sandals are great!"
- Rebecca: "Hi Paula, The Forebay is a bit shorter, or close, of a fit than the Dover. I ordered the same size as the Dover, and am happy with the fit. I thing there is just 'less extra space' than the Dover. Bought 2 more colors after receiving my first pair of Forebay, and find they are more comfortable / supportive. Very happy with them. True to size, great arch support."
- Ann: "The fit is great. True to size. I have only worn them once and I would give them a good for comfort. I would of liked something with a little more cunshioning on the bottom."
- MARTHA: "THE SIZE WAS A TRUE SIZE, THEY ARE VERY COMFORTABLE, I DON`T LIKE A STRAP BETWEEN MY TOES"
- Vicki L: "I had to return the Teva's because they did not fit properly. The arch was to high for my foot. I have another pair of Teva's that I love. They are so comfortable to walk in. I'm not sure of the name of them but they are grey and yellow."
D asked: How is the arch in these shoes? High/low/average?
- Valerie: "Hi, The Teva Forebays have a pretty average arch. I have a little higher arch to my foot than normal, and these are very comfortable."
- Joyce: "I would say average to high. I need arch support and these do the trick. Very comfy."
- Jennifer: "The arch is average I guess, but the shoes caused major blisters and soreness and I never wore them again after the second time."
- Mary: "Medium. Good for a sandal. I'm wearing them right now, and I need arch support. Love them."
- Sandra: "Average"
Margaret asked: You don't have a 7.5 in this Teva Forebay, will a size 7 be alright to order?
- Cheryl: "No, they are pretty true to size."
- TAMMY: "that would really depend on how much you really need that extra .5 if your big toe needs that extra little bit of room, it might or probably will make a difference. I myself love the teva's and wouldn't have any others but its really all up to the individual buyer and how their foot fits in a shoe. I hope this helps."
- Laura M: "The velcro closure straps sit high on this shoe. When I downsized 1/2 size the shoe was perfect, however the closure cut into my foot. When I went up 1/2 size, the shoe was too big. You will just have to try them."
- MARTHA: "GO WITH AN 8, THE SIZE IS RIGHT ON THE MONEY. I`M SURE YOU`D BE UNCOMFORTABLE IN A 7"
- Vicki: "No, I wouldn't recommend going down a size if you're a true 7.5. I'd say go up if you can. My size 8's don't have much extra toe room and would probably work for a 7.5."
- Maylene: "I would recommend go to size 8 I usually use 7.5 but I ordered 8 and fits just right. I hope this help."
Peter asked: Does this shoe hold up to use in ocean water?
- Valerie: "Hi Peter, I have not had the chance to wear my Forebay Tevas in or near the ocean yet. However, I have a very similar pair of Tevas (purchased in 2009 that I wore -- and still wear -- for everything from beach walking and zip lining in Costa Rica to walking in the neighborhood. I have never had a pair of "adventure shoes" I love so much. I purchased the new ones just to have another pair; they're not quite the same as the others (I can't locate the style name unfortunately, and I'm not sure if they still make them). But, so far the Forebays have been good for walking around the preserve etc. I hope this helps somewhat! Valerie"
- TAMMY: "They hold up great except for the velco. The velco holds up ok as long as you don't go in the ocean over and over again, like about 20 + plus times. Teva is the best shoes I've found that hold up to everything, comfortable, durable. Won't wear any other brand of sandel."
- Vicki: "yes! have taken them to the beach several times and on many oceanside walks/runs and they've stood up well...they seem to be pretty indestructible overall"
- Stacy: "Yes it does, I've worn them in the Atlantic up in Maine multiple times."
- Jennifer: "Not sure about ocean wear, but blisters formed within one hour of first wear. Tried them again and again to see if they needed to be broken in, but I always ended up with very painful blisters. They seem like a sturdy shoe, but just not very comfortable. Expected more for such an expensive and reputable product."
- Joyce: "I wish I could tell you, but I don't know. It's a very comfortable and sturdy shoe for walking. Why not call Teva directly?"
- Vicki L: "Yes they do. This is my second pair of Teva's and the are great to wear to the beach."