FamousFootwear.com asked: Why did you choose this?
diane asked: are these boots lightweight?
- Jamie: "No. I found these to be much heavier than my previous/older pairs of Columbia women's boots and much stiffer. However, once the boots became "worn in", I have found them to be very comfortable and I don't seem to notice the extra weight like I used to when brand new."
- John: "Diane, I bought a pair of these last April. They do hold up fairly well and for boots they are fairly lightweight. Remember, they are boots so there is some weight to them. As far as super heavy, I don't think so. I wear them almost daily and they are very comfy. I put some insoles in them right away due to a bad ankle, but they do hold up well I think. They also keep my feet very warm. My feet do tend to sweat a little, but not nearly as bad in these boots as in some other shoes. I hope this longwinded response helps!"
- Jennifer: "No, they are actually really heavy. In fact, I ended up returning them for that very reason. Unless you're going to be trekking through a foot of snow, you probably don't want them. Also they are very stiff, almost like ski boots. Maybe if I took the time to break them in, the toes would have been more comfortable, but I figured it wasn't worth it because of how heavy they are."
- Rhonda D: "Diane, I Just bought my second pair of these and LOVE them! They are not a heavy boot and extremely warm. Not to mention snazzy looking. Hope that helps!"
- Jami: "They're not "feather" light-weight. But they're not heavy at all. Super comfortable!! I really love them!!"
- Heather: "I guess it depends on what you mean by lightweight. they are not as light as a sneaker or loafer would be. However, they are not as heavy as work boots would be. For what it's worth, I love these boots, they are warm and keep my feet dry. I had another pair before these that lasted 10 years and I live in Ohio where you need boots about 5-6 months out of the year. I"m sure you can get a pair that are lighter if weight is your main concern. but if quality and practicality play a part, I highly recommend these."
- Kelly: "They aren't super lightweight but they don't make you drag your feet either. They definitely keep your feet warm though. "
- Christie: "They are lightweight and durable"
- Sue: "They are not super lightweight but are not very heavy. They're actually quite comfortable and warm."
- Renee: "I don't remember if they were. I returned them because they were a bigger looking boot on my feet then I had expected. They are a nice boot and they fit well. Just too chunky for me! I hope this helps!"