FamousFootwear.com asked: Why did you choose this?
- Mary: "I love the colors, I love asics gel nimbus"
- Jill: "I needed a new pair of good running shoes. Training for a marathon & will be running lots of miles this summer. I love Asics - I have been wearing them for years to run, workout, zumba, etc in."
Emily asked: I love running treadmill and on the road, but just ran a half marathon in another shoe and during my training have had a lot of trouble with my feet-mainly left foot my arch, heal area. With 2 miles left my foot felt like it was going to break. I believe I have a stress fracture. I've never had trouble with my feet. I enjoy running but am having trouble finding the right shoe for my foot. Would this shoe be a good choice for me? Emily
- Stephanie: "Hi Emily- I too have foot issues, I suffered a severe foot crush injury in August, and these shoes are amazing! I had a pair of Asics previously but these are even better with all of the gel support. My foot pain is mainly in the balls of my feet and along the outside but these shoes feel like I'm walking on air. The gel is really great at absorbing the shock and putting less pressure on my foot. I also like that they are a stronger structure unlike some other running shoes that are extremely light and flimsy. I highly recommend these shoes! "
- Deanna: "Emily, Of course everyone is different but the Nimbus is the most cushioned shoe I've ever worn. Mine carried me comfortably through a half marathon as well as my training for the next one. Hope this helps, Deanna"
- Joyce: "Although I'm not the right person to give you medical advice, I can tell you this shoe has excellent cushioning. I must be exceptionally careful about my shoes, especially tennis shoes as my feet are flat and I have other foot problems, too. Of all of the shoes I have bought from Famous Footwear and from ASICS, this is the best. I walk about 5 miles a day and I'm 64. I'm also overweight by about 25 pounds, so the cushioning is especially important. Hope that helps you decide."
- Carolyn: "great support butif you have trouble you should see a doctor to find out what shoe is best for you good luck"
Kathy asked: Are these a running shoe? What I really need is a trail shoe with the added cushion.
- Joyce: "I would definitely use them for trails. I use them regularly for trails."
- Deb: "I run on the treadmill with them and find them very comfortable - a good amount of cushioning. I haven't run outside with them yet and I've never done trail running, so I can't speak to that."
- Drew: "I trail run in these all the time. They have plenty of cushion and are very light. Enjoy!!!"
- sile: "i love this runner for road running, i have bought the gel nimbus for the past three years and have had no injuries."