FamousFootwear.com asked: Why did you choose this?
- S: "Running,"
- Elizabeth: "i'm a runner and asics are extremely comfortable; wide toe box"
- rebecca: "best running shoe"
- April L: "Asics are the best running shoes!! Needed extra support for my runs."
- Heidi: "HAD NIMBUS 12 AND WANTED NEW SHOES FOR RUNNING"
- Lauren: "Reviews online recommend this shoe for people with high arches, and I have very high arches"
- Kim: "I love asics for running and love the color purple."
- Sara: "Love the Gel Nimbus! I always use them for my running shoes. Like the purple/lime color too."
- A: "ASICS is a GREAT running shoe. Love the brand and performance. So happy I continue to get great pricing on them at Famous Footwear!"
- Joyce: "Great support and excellent comfort."
- Melinda: "running"
- Lisa: "I needed a lightweight, stable, cushioned, comfortable sneaker with a larger toe/ball of the foot area. I also have knee issues so I'm hoping they will ease my knee pain! I tried on the men's version of the shoe in the store, but they didn't have it in stock in women's. The men's felt pretty good, I'm hoping the women's will feel even better to my foot and knees!"
- daria: "asics nimbus always fit wonderfully"
- Wendy: "I have a pair of Asics and they are so comfortable, I picked this pair because purple is my favorite color,"
Emily asked: I love running treadmill and on the road, but just ran a half marathon in another shoe and during my training have had a lot of trouble with my feet-mainly left foot my arch, heal area. With 2 miles left my foot felt like it was going to break. I believe I have a stress fracture. I've never had trouble with my feet. I enjoy running but am having trouble finding the right shoe for my foot. Would this shoe be a good choice for me? Emily
- Stephanie: "Hi Emily- I too have foot issues, I suffered a severe foot crush injury in August, and these shoes are amazing! I had a pair of Asics previously but these are even better with all of the gel support. My foot pain is mainly in the balls of my feet and along the outside but these shoes feel like I'm walking on air. The gel is really great at absorbing the shock and putting less pressure on my foot. I also like that they are a stronger structure unlike some other running shoes that are extremely light and flimsy. I highly recommend these shoes! "
- Deanna: "Emily, Of course everyone is different but the Nimbus is the most cushioned shoe I've ever worn. Mine carried me comfortably through a half marathon as well as my training for the next one. Hope this helps, Deanna"
- Joyce: "Although I'm not the right person to give you medical advice, I can tell you this shoe has excellent cushioning. I must be exceptionally careful about my shoes, especially tennis shoes as my feet are flat and I have other foot problems, too. Of all of the shoes I have bought from Famous Footwear and from ASICS, this is the best. I walk about 5 miles a day and I'm 64. I'm also overweight by about 25 pounds, so the cushioning is especially important. Hope that helps you decide."
- Carolyn: "great support butif you have trouble you should see a doctor to find out what shoe is best for you good luck"
Kathy asked: Are these a running shoe? What I really need is a trail shoe with the added cushion.
- Joyce: "I would definitely use them for trails. I use them regularly for trails."
- Deb: "I run on the treadmill with them and find them very comfortable - a good amount of cushioning. I haven't run outside with them yet and I've never done trail running, so I can't speak to that."
- Drew: "I trail run in these all the time. They have plenty of cushion and are very light. Enjoy!!!"
- sile: "i love this runner for road running, i have bought the gel nimbus for the past three years and have had no injuries."