FamousFootwear.com asked: Why did you choose this?
- Linda: "Narrow supportive shoes"
- M: "New Balance is one of the only brands that has narrow. I have had a pair of similar shoes for a couple of years now, and they fit well."
- Rochelle: "Chose this shoe because of the claim of stability and I like the color. More colors would have been nice. More shoes in the 900's would also be nice."
- Jennifer: "Podiatrists Recommendation"
- Jennifer: "comes in narrow width"
Susan asked: What is the weight of this shoe? I'm looking for weight per shoe, not together.
- Rebecca: "I weighed 1 shoe and it was 0.0 on the scale so I tried both together and it still came up as 0.0."
- A: "they are very light"
- B: "Very light"
Shannon asked: Do these come in extra-extra-extra wide? I have 993's and I got them in men's so they would even be wider. Is that a good idea for these?
- Vicki R: "I do not know....I would. I contact the manufacturer to find the answer to that question. I love mine!!!"
- Annette: "I have no idea if this show comes in wide but I think it makes it a better fit."
shelby asked: Do these shoes run true to size or should I get 1/2 size larger as I did for my old New Balance 760's?
- Cathy: "true to size"
- SELINA: "Yes I can definitely answer that question. I think they are true to size. I have had 2 pairs of these sneakers and the first pair I bought in my 9 1/2 size and they fitted perfectly, and then I bought them another year in a size 10 and found that they slipped off my feet a little."
- Annette: "I wear a size 9 1/2 but I purchased a size 10 for better toe comfort. Hope this help !"
- Joan: "Mine fit true to size without a break in period. They fit perfect the first day that I wore them."
- KANAE: "I am very happy about my 990, very much true size. You will love it!"
- Theresa: "They run true to size-too abut big"
- Alice: "These shoes run true to size. I wear an 8 1/2 and that is what I ordered in these shoes and they are perfect. They are very comfortable and I recommend them to everyone looking for a new sneaker."
- Myron: "I think they run true to size. My podiatrist ordered orthotics that fit right in these shoes. The shoes are a little big so I wear thick socks. "
- Steven: "I bought these for my wife and I own three different pair of the 990. To us they appear to run true to size. My wife is a size 10 and I am a size 13, so this may be a little hard to gauge. We both wear orthotic imserts in them if that helps."