FamousFootwear.com asked: Why did you choose this?
- Laura: "Need a wide Calf boot for work that looked nice."
- Angela: "Because I have big calves and I have been looking for boots to fit them for over 8 years."
- Jose Oscar: "It's my wife style of boots"
- Anita: "I liked the laces"
- Kimberly: "I have been wanting a pair like these boots for.ev.er but usually they are 300 and up so I think I scored! :)"
Ceilidh asked: My calf measures 17inches. Would loosening the laces give me the 3/4 inch I need?
- Angela: "I think so, my calf measures 16 in. and I loosened the laces just a little when I first got the boots. As with most leather products, the leather will stretch the more you where them. I would suggest wearing tights or panty hose the first couple of times. I've had them for 2 monthes now and I wear them once a week and I wear them with my jeans in them."
- Celia: "Yes. I bought them because of the laces and they are generous. I think you should be able to get the extra room you need by loosening them."
- Laura: "Yes, when you loosen the laces they will fit. I also have a 17 inch calf."
- Patricia: "i believe it would."
- Rachel: "Yes! My calves are the same size, and I have worn these with jeans and sweatpants. The faux leather has a little give to it as well."
- Dawn: "My suggestion would be to go up the next size because these run narrow in the foot and not sure you could get 3/4 inch "
- Nicole: "Yes that would work. They are a true lace up with a zipper and once you adjusted the laces you could zip them as usual. I hope this helps. "
- Jose Oscar: "Yes."
- Michelle: "I believe so. The "tongue" behind the laces is wide enough to loosen about an inch and a half. I have a 16" calf and i can zip them up, over tights, without loosing the laces at all."
- Katherine: "Loosening the laces would give you plenty of room. My calf measurements are just under 17 inches and I find these boots very comfortable to wear, even over skinny jeans!"
Janet asked: ARE THESE BOOTS NARROW IN THE TOE BOX? MY FEET ARE KINDA WIDE BY MY TOES. THANKS JANET
- Dawn: "Yes, these are narrow in the toe area. I can't wear them for any length of time. I made the assumption that because they were a wide calf boot, they would have ran wide in the boot itself. However I do love the boot and get many compliments. "
- Kari: "Yes I had to actually return them. They for my large calf but not my feet. "
- Cynthia: "yes they are.. they are not wide at all."
Karol asked: If I have a wide calf, would loosening the shoe laces provide more room in these shoes (or are the shoe laces more of a detail accessory)?
- Natalie (staff): "Hi Karol, The laces may provide a little bit more room, but they are more of a detail accessory. I hope this helps. Thank you, FamousFootwear.com"