FamousFootwear.com asked: Why did you choose this?
- Robin: "Returned these..not what I expected."
- Cynthia: "Stylish and wide sizes"
- Heidi: "wide calf"
- S: "very pretty"
- I: "I want a pair of boots."
- deborah: "Need wide calf, reviews sounded good."
- Patti: "gift for myself - have been looking for a long time!"
- Clancie: "Wide Calf Boot"
Trish asked: I wear a size 10M in shoes. I have a wide calf. Does the calf width change as the boot size gets larger? I noticed the 16 1/2 width circumference was based on a size 7 boot.
- Elizabeth: "I don't know the answer to your question. What I can tell you is that I wear a size 8 and the calf width is plenty big to wear over jeans and not be so snug it cuts the circulation off to your feet. I am not able to wear boots without a wide calf. These boots are very comfortable, and I have them in brown and black. They are tight at the ankle even with just socks. If I were you, I would measure my calf. If your calves measures more than 16-1/2 inches, I would not buy the boots. On the other hand, you can always return them if they don't work."
- Heather: "I wish I could answer this for you. I will say that I ordered a different pair last year in size 9 wide and the calves fit. This particular pair, I love them but I ordered a size 8 1/2 wide and the calves are just a little too tight."
- Stacy: "I wear a size 9 and was a little worried that the calves wouldn't fit. However, they are the only wide calf boots that I can find that actually fit. I would say that they are larger than a 16 1/2 circumference. Especially if they fit me. I love them!"
- Katie: "I believe that is the case; I have a size 8 and it seems bigger (although I haven't directly measured them)."
- Lisa: "I wear between a size 7 and 7.5 I have gained weight so anything around my calves was very tight. Now I bought the 7.5 boots they fit perfect and the calf size with jeans tucked in fits just right...it is not larger around the calf where the boot is away from my jeans but fits just right. Hope this helps."