FamousFootwear.com asked: Why did you choose this?
Bri asked: Hi, I have a question about these shoes...it says skid-resistant. I was wondering if it meant to say slip-resistant? I need these shoes to work in a kitchen and I need to be assured that the shoes will help protect against slipping on oil and water spills.
- Marlene: "I bought these for my daughter who is a server at TGI Fridays. Yes, they are slip resistant and worked very well for her."
- Lisa: "Yes they will. I work out side in the airline business and there is some oil and jet fuel on the ground sometimes plus deicing fluid and i have stepped in it and have not slipped at all, plus they are very comfortable to walk and work in."
- Kathleen T.: "I had to give these away, sine they were too small in the end, or maybe too stiff. As I recall they were somewhat slippery, so you would be safe not to use them in a kitchen. I hope this helps!"
- Jessica: "Yes they are slip resistant. They are a good shoe for working in a kitchen. i would just recommend putting gel pads in the shoe. They are not that soft in the shoe but still very comfertable and work well in the kitchen."
- Pam: "Skid resistant is another word for non-skid. They are slip resistant in water and oil. These shoes can be used for the purpose you inquired about Hope this helps!"
- SAJITA: "I have been wearing these same shoes for 2 years and it is slip resistant and it will prevent slipping on oil,water ,flour and also snow.."
- Jennifer: "Hey Bri D, I bought these shoes back in January for work as well in a restaurant. They are slip resistant and in my opinion the most comfortable and light working shoe's I have owned in the past. I'm not sure about oil spills but they won't slip where it's wet. Hope this helps"
- Beth: "I would say that they are definately slip resistant. I felt very secure in hear shoes in that regard. However, but I didn't like these shoes at all. After wearing them for a week I wanted to send them back but Famous Footwear won't take returns if they are worn. Kinda pointless to buy work shoes from them if you can't return them if they hurt your feet. I ended up getting shoes from somewhere else that had a 60 day wear and return policy. I wouldn't buy these or any other shoes for work from Famous Footwear. "
- Beth: "These shoes are definately slip reaistant. i work at a coffee shop so we dont deal with the oil or greasy floors though. But having a lot of restaurant experience i would feel comfortable sykng that they are slip resistant. however, I found that overall I didn't like the shoes. They didn't fit me well and my feet would ache after a long day. I even put inserts in and it didn't help. I wore them for about a week and I was told i could not return them because they were worn. I ended up buying some from somewhere else that had a 60 day wear and return guarantee. They are still sitt"
- Emily (staff): "Hello Bri, These Skechers work shoes are slip resistant, and would work well for kitchen work. Thank you, FamousFootwear.com"