FamousFootwear.com asked: Why did you choose this?
- Helen L: "My favorite for summer."
- Kathy: "Gift for Mom. She will only wear Birkenstock"
- Brooke: "I got a great grade in a really tough class, so I decided to treat myself!"
- J: "HEARD THEY WERE EXCELLENT SANDALS AND HAVE BEEN WANTING A PAIR FOR A LONG TIME."
- Merry: "So comfy!!"
- Marcy: "been wearing these sandals for 5 years, with plantar fasciitis, my feet feel wonderful. Literally live in these shoes."
- Susan: "love them"
- terri: "These are the only shoes I wear in the summer. They are great for my plantar fasciitis."
- E: "I love Birkenstocks and they are really comfortable. This is a good price too!"
- Cindy: "Love Birks and the style has a feminine touch that I look. The neutral color is great! The on-sale price made the purchase a no-brainer:)"
- kathy: "c0mfort, have a black pair"
- Janet: "gift"
- K: "comfort for around the house"
- Jean: "I have a pair that I have had for probably 10 years and they are finally wearing out!"
- fran: "style"
- Lynda: "I love Birkenstocks and I have had this style before. They are very comfortable!"
- L: "I love these shoes, I have several pair. When I wear them all of my foot problems (heel spurs and such) disappear. I highly recommend them."
- Cindy: "Never owned real Birkenstock's, but always loved the fake ones. The new styles are fabulous while still holding true to the companies values and amazing quality."
- Marilee: "Purchased before and love them."
- Linda: "Because my DR. told me to stop wearing flip flops and this product is more stable."
- Michele: "They are comfortable"
- Karen: "a friend had them and I liked them"
- Glenda: "Comfy!!! I wear them year round, My slippers in the winter!"
- linda: "Looked a little more feminine than regular birkenstocks"
- Daralee: "Looked really nice in the photo, but the straps were a little flimsy compared to the Arizona model which I ended up getting instead."
- M: "because they are comfortable & supportive"
- susan: "Great sandals very comfortable and support!"
- Patricia: "great price and ease of website use"
- Mary: "comfort"
- V: "This is my third pair of birkenstocks. They are easy to wear. Your price made them very affordable."
- Carol: "I love the Granada - but this has synthetic upper, we'll see if I like it as much"
- Lois: "My foot doctor recommended these to wear as slippers about 20 years ago after I had a bone spur in my heal. I've been wearing them ever since and I haven't been bother with that since. Love them!"
- Carol: "I love birkenstock shoes and the local store has closed; glad to find these here."
- Elizabeth: "bought for comfort and style"
- Charlotte: "I have flat feet & need this arch support! Birkenstock is a trusted brand for me."
- T: "Very Comfortable"
sandra asked: do you not carry the butterfly Birkenstock anymore?
- Gregory (staff): "Hi Sandra, Unfortunately we are unable to tell you when or if this item will be back in stock. We are sorry to disappoint you. Thank you, Greg FamousFootwear.com"
Karen M asked: Do birkenstock come in widths? I've been wearing the same pair size 40 for years, but don't remember if it was medium or wide...
- Gregory (staff): "Hi Karen, We only carry Birkenstocks in normal width but Birkenstock does make several of it's styles in a narrow width. Thanks, Greg FamousFootwear.com"
Joyce asked: How should these sandals fit for length. Should the toe be just at the front edge or should toes rest back a 1/2 inch? I usually wear an 8 1/2 or 9, so would I wear an 8 or 9 (or whatever the European sizing is)?
- Marlene: "I buy Birkys all the time. I prefer to have the toes rest back 1/2 inch. I also wear size 9 and order European size. I think it is 40. Enjoy!"
- maryann: "the toe should be 1/2 inch from the top. i wear a size 8-9 and i always order size 39. i have been wearing only birkenstock for the last 12 years."
- Lynn: "My toes are very close to the edge- 1/8-1/4 of an inch away. I usually wear a size 9-91/2 shoe, but in Birkenstocks I wear a 39 which equals a ladies size 8- that's what's written on the shoe. I have several pairs of Birki's as well as these, and I still wear a 39. Hope this helps."
- Debra: "I would get the 9, though they are true to size. However, I had never worn Birkenstock before and was looking for something comfortable and heard good reports on these sandals. These are the hardest sandals I have ever worn and not so comfortable. They sit in my closet, It was a waste of money."
- Holly: "I like to have my toes back about 1/2 " or so. Actually, if you put them on the little ridge on the bottom should fit snugly right under your toes. It should feel good. I wear a size 9 in women's size and and I bought a 9 in this size. I had to make another hole for the toe strap, but beyond that, the size fit true for me."
- Rudolph: "I believe that the toes should be just short of the end of the sandal. They then fit exactly into the shoe bed. I normally wear a 8 1/2, so I purchase a size 39 int he granada style."
- sue: "Hi Joyce, I wear an 8 in this shoe and all Birkenstocks I get a 9.. hope this helps!"
- Lisa: "The toe should be at the edge. I wear an 8 1/2 -9 as well. I bought size 39 which is an 8 in American sizing and they fit perfect. From my experience, Birkenstocks run a little larger than most sandals, hence the 8 fit me fine."
- Tracy: "I'm an 8 and that's what I ordered!"
- Aimee: "I bought a 8 and I wear a 7 1/2 / 8 and they were a bit to long. My mom wears your size, I gave them to her and she loves them and is still wearing them."
- Tammy: "Find the Birkenstock customer service contact info and ask them directly. They will be able to provide the best answer."
- Julie: "To fit properly, your toes will be nearer the front edge than in a closed shoe. There's a ridge in the footbed under the toes. If you buy them too long, they won't fit properly."
Karen asked: on the birkenstock website, i see these widths narrow, regular (has a filled in foot as symbol) and medium (has a half filled in foot as symbol) which one is this shoe, please?
- Natalie (staff): "Hi Karen, This shoe is Medium width. Thank you, Natalie FamousFootwear.com"
Mary Jane asked: If I wear a size 8 wide womans shoe, should I order a size 9?
- Gail: "These shoes are made in Europe and also sized there using, I believe, the metric system. By US sizing they run large. Both my daughter and I sized down. We tried on Birkenstocks in the store, then went home and ordered the style and size we wanted on line. Hope this helps. By the way, this is a great shoe. Very durable, great support and great comfort."
- Dianne: "I wear a 10 and ordered a 10 and they fit fine. I have an older pair of the same sandals in a different color and ordered a 10 and they also fit fine."
- Heidi: "I wear a 7 1/2-8 in shoes, and my birkenstocks like this are a sz 38. Love my sandals!"
- Lisa: "I am pretty sure Birkenstocks don't go by the standard American sizes. For example, I wear size 9 usually and ordered a size 40."
- Marlene: "This Granada style has amble space in the width. In addition, the straps are adjustable. I wear a medium width and I always have to tighten the straps a couple of notches. May I suggest you try a size 8 first and see how the fit works for you."
Vickie asked: I have a pair of these shoes already and love them. My pair of shoes in this style is a 38 and I normally wear an 8 (American Shoe Size). So what size should I get? I prefer a normal to wide width, never a narrow. Thank you!
- Dianne: "I am a regular size 10 and I ordered a 10 or 41 and they fit perfectly!"
- Marlene: "I want to change my answer. I got confused with size. For a size 8 you should order size 39. "
- Marlene: "I always buy size 9 or size 40. I would think the size 8 or size 38 would work just fine for you. Good luck! Marlene "
Debbie asked: I would love to purchase a pair of these, but I have a wide foot. My current pair of Birk's is the wide version of the women's, size 37. Would buy the men's Arizona to get the width, but they start at size 40. Any chance the women's would ever be available at FF in the wide width?
- Susan: "Debbie, I purchased a pair of Birkenstock Women's Granada from Famous Footwear. I wear a wide width in New Balance all the time, but have no problem with the Birkenstocks I purchased (I wear size 38). You might want to give them a try; you may find that they work well."
Patricia asked: Could someone please tell me if this style runs true to size ? I usually take a 9 wide in a sandal and I am not sure what size I should order in these. Thanks for your help
- Maureen: "Yes, they run true to size...you miht have to use the European equivalent for 7."
- Lois: "Yes they run true to size. I take size 8 and that is 38, so 9 is 40. They're adjustable staps, so wide should not be a problem. I have been wearing these sandles as slippers for over 10 years now. I had a heal spur and the foot doctor recommended them."
- Dianne: "I ordered these about a year ago in a size 10 and they fit perfectly. I am not a wide but they are adjustable."
- Teri: "I think they are true to size. I wear 11 and ordered 11. I love them!!"
- susan: "I wear a 10 and a 10 is perfect"
- Michael: "I bought these for my daughter and they are true to size. Her feet are narrow so the adjustable straps helped. My feet are wide and I've worn them as well. If your feet are not super wide your normal size should be fine. "
- Deborah: "They're pretty true to size. You just have to look at the conversion chart with the European sizes. I love BIrkies."