FamousFootwear.com asked: Why did you choose this?
- Joanna: "I have the same pair in black & absolutely love them, hope these fit & feel the same."
- Barbara W: "Previous Grandas were wonderful. Need a new pair."
- Janet: "I have a pair. They are quite comfortable!"
- Kathi: "Super comfortable - lasts for years! Bought these for my Mom for her birthday as she liked mine."
- DEBra: "classic style, comfort and quality"
- A: "comfort"
- Debbie: "Support"
- Deborah: "Birkenstocks have always been my go-to sandal for comfort!"
- Cheryl: "because they are the new fad for teens, they are feminine and I had a 15% of coupon."
- Michele: "They are very comfortable and stylish."
- Kristin: "It's been a while since I had a pair of Birks. Back to comfort for me!!!"
- Betty: "Needed new sandals and like Birkenstocks"
Karen M asked: Do birkenstock come in widths? I've been wearing the same pair size 40 for years, but don't remember if it was medium or wide...
- Gregory (staff): "Hi Karen, We only carry Birkenstocks in normal width but Birkenstock does make several of it's styles in a narrow width. Thanks, Greg FamousFootwear.com"
Joyce asked: How should these sandals fit for length. Should the toe be just at the front edge or should toes rest back a 1/2 inch? I usually wear an 8 1/2 or 9, so would I wear an 8 or 9 (or whatever the European sizing is)?
- Marlene: "I buy Birkys all the time. I prefer to have the toes rest back 1/2 inch. I also wear size 9 and order European size. I think it is 40. Enjoy!"
- maryann: "the toe should be 1/2 inch from the top. i wear a size 8-9 and i always order size 39. i have been wearing only birkenstock for the last 12 years."
- Lynn: "My toes are very close to the edge- 1/8-1/4 of an inch away. I usually wear a size 9-91/2 shoe, but in Birkenstocks I wear a 39 which equals a ladies size 8- that's what's written on the shoe. I have several pairs of Birki's as well as these, and I still wear a 39. Hope this helps."
- Debra: "I would get the 9, though they are true to size. However, I had never worn Birkenstock before and was looking for something comfortable and heard good reports on these sandals. These are the hardest sandals I have ever worn and not so comfortable. They sit in my closet, It was a waste of money."
- Holly: "I like to have my toes back about 1/2 " or so. Actually, if you put them on the little ridge on the bottom should fit snugly right under your toes. It should feel good. I wear a size 9 in women's size and and I bought a 9 in this size. I had to make another hole for the toe strap, but beyond that, the size fit true for me."
- Rudolph: "I believe that the toes should be just short of the end of the sandal. They then fit exactly into the shoe bed. I normally wear a 8 1/2, so I purchase a size 39 int he granada style."
- sue: "Hi Joyce, I wear an 8 in this shoe and all Birkenstocks I get a 9.. hope this helps!"
- Lisa: "The toe should be at the edge. I wear an 8 1/2 -9 as well. I bought size 39 which is an 8 in American sizing and they fit perfect. From my experience, Birkenstocks run a little larger than most sandals, hence the 8 fit me fine."
- Tracy: "I'm an 8 and that's what I ordered!"
- Aimee: "I bought a 8 and I wear a 7 1/2 / 8 and they were a bit to long. My mom wears your size, I gave them to her and she loves them and is still wearing them."
- Tammy: "Find the Birkenstock customer service contact info and ask them directly. They will be able to provide the best answer."
- Julie: "To fit properly, your toes will be nearer the front edge than in a closed shoe. There's a ridge in the footbed under the toes. If you buy them too long, they won't fit properly."
Karen asked: on the birkenstock website, i see these widths narrow, regular (has a filled in foot as symbol) and medium (has a half filled in foot as symbol) which one is this shoe, please?
Mary Jane asked: If I wear a size 8 wide womans shoe, should I order a size 9?
Vickie asked: I have a pair of these shoes already and love them. My pair of shoes in this style is a 38 and I normally wear an 8 (American Shoe Size). So what size should I get? I prefer a normal to wide width, never a narrow. Thank you!
Debbie asked: I would love to purchase a pair of these, but I have a wide foot. My current pair of Birk's is the wide version of the women's, size 37. Would buy the men's Arizona to get the width, but they start at size 40. Any chance the women's would ever be available at FF in the wide width?
Patricia asked: Could someone please tell me if this style runs true to size ? I usually take a 9 wide in a sandal and I am not sure what size I should order in these. Thanks for your help