FamousFootwear.com asked: Why did you choose this?
- Robert: "Ease of putting on shoe"
- Dorothy: "The look of this shoe is great"
- Elaine: "husband like them"
- Debbie: "couldn't find Avia so got these but they didn't work out, returned them"
- Bryan: "My son is autistic and he can't tie his own shoes. This is something he can do on his own."
- Frank: "I needed a deck/walking shoe that was not a slip on or string tie."
- Ryan: "Special needs son that can't tie shoes on his own"
- L: "only velcor closure shoe you had, husband only wears these type of shoes"
- Teresa: "Looking for Velcro shoes for work. Easy on off"
- S: "I need velcro sneakers for my special needs son."
- I: "I Like the quality I get at famous footwear"
- Clara: "because of the velcour straps, my husband is unable to do regular ties"
Gretchen asked: My husband has Parkinson's and shoes become too heavy to pick up the feet. I am looking for lightweight so he doesn't shuffle his feet so much. I was told the gowalk are light weight and am wondering about the Velcro ones. They look very heavy. He is wearing a pair we paid $150.00 for and he can hardly pick them up. Will you please give me some advise as to a good choice? Thank you, Gretchen
- Twila: "Hi Gretchen, My husband wears these all the time. I checked with him and he said, they are light weight even though they look heavy. He said they weigh about a pound. They are very comfortable. He recommends them. Hope this helps!"
- Elizabeth: "Hi Gretchen: These sneakers do not seem that heavy to me. I purchased them for my son, who has Cerebral Palsy, and his orthotist had to add a lift to a heel of my son's affected side - and another to an insert - and it has not seemed to further impair his mobility. They are leather, not canvas or mesh, but they do not seem to be as heavy as even a winter boot (though they're not as light as slippers or Crocs). I hope I was helpful! E"
- Richard: "These are very light. I was wearing New Balance shoes with velcro closure before and replaced them with the Skechers. The Skechers are quite a bit lighter in weight."