FamousFootwear.com asked: Why did you choose this?
- brandy: "i like shoes and running"
- lashardon: "I chose this shoe because of all of the reviews given for those who take zumba exercise classes."
- Nikki: "love the flexibility factor for various movement"
- Sandra: "I had an old pair which were great and I am hoping this are those"
- Deborah: "I have moderate supination where the outer edge of my sole bears my body's weight. This shoe is structured to help stabalize my heel and compensate for this."
- Rhonda: "New Balance is the only athletic shoe I will buy. I went with the reviews. I want them for Zumba and there was many reviews stating that these would be good for that."
- Lori: "gym"
- Robin: "Reviews say they are good for Zumba. I liked the NB 871, but they seem to have discontinued. I'll try these."
- Sharonda: "Color and Reviews"
- Amy: "I always liked New Balance. I needed a new pair of crosstrainers and with their number system I knew I wanted something higher than 500 - so 867 was great and they're cute!"
- Judith: "I loved these shoes so much that I ordered 2 more pairs!"
- evettah: "i love new balance they have never failed me"
- edna: "I needed dance shoes at a great price! thanks"
cathy asked: is this a walking shoe?
- Kelly: "No, these are very lightweight cross trainers, best for activities such as dance aerobics."
- Freddie: "yes you can walk with them very lightweight and comfortable."
- K: "No. This shoe is designated as a "dance" shoe. I was actually looking for a cross trainer so I returned it."
- Keri: "No, this is not an extremely stable or supportive shoe for running or walking. It actually has a dance pivot type structure in the sole of the shoe."
- Nanette: "Yes, this is a walking shoe. If you're one who likes to wear thick socks, they won't work with this shoe because of the uniqueness of the tongue design. The shoes tongue only opens from one side, which would cause it to not close if you were to wear very thick socks. I've done my fair share of walking in these shoes and they are extremely comfortable."
- Sarah: "No I don't think they are. They are very light with very little sole."
karen asked: my doc told me to get a new balance sneaker, because i am always getting stress fractures. i need cushiony support at the ball of my foot and the heel, with an arch support for my high arches. how comfortable are these, and will my feet thank me?
- Sarah: "I have plantar fasciitis and bought these shoes based off of what I read in the description. They are very light weight and a thin shoe - perfect for some but in my opinion not for people with problems with their feet. There is not a lot of "cushiony support." I hope this helps."
- Hannah: "These shoes are actually very comfy. They have extra support for arches, they are made for dance. The insoles are quite "squishy"."
- K: "The arch support in these shoes is superb. And there is adequate cushioning for me to instruct high impact aerobics for several hours. However, if you are not looking for high impact cushioning, these aren't for you. For lower impact movements, like walking and working around the office, I use Ryka trainers, which FF also sells. "
- Kelly: "I find these to be rather flat so I'm not sure how well they'd support high arches. These shoes are ultra lightweight cross trainers better suited for aerobic activities, such as dance aerobics. You may want to get the heavier New Balance cross trainers (#409) if they're still available. They're much more supportive in general."
Anna asked: How do these shoes fit? True to size? I usually wear a size 8.5 but when it comes to athletic shoes sometimes a size 9 fits better. Thanks!
- Julie: "I actually think they ran small which is weird for me with New Balance. I'm taking them back to the store today."
- Sarah: "I had to go up a size with these shoes (new balances run small). "
- Kelly: "I wear an 8.5 as well and that's what I ordered and they fit perfectly. I thought they were a bit small at first, but after only a day of breaking them in, they're perfect. It's one of the better cross trainers-lighter weight and they have much better mobility than most crosses. Great for dance aerobics!"
- Diana: "I found the 8.5 too small and am waiting for the 9's to arrive so I can't tell you how the next size is :) Diana"