FamousFootwear.com asked: Why did you choose this?
- Eileen: "style and colors"
- Edina: "They are light and cool for the summer"
- Jane: "I have a pair of black ones and they are very comfortable"
- Marylynn: "I think these would be a good mix for summer shoes; on my feet often (work) and when walking the dog!"
- Carolyn: "Needed a nice pair of casual shoes"
- Barb: "vacation shoes"
Maurine asked: Are these orthotic friendly? Are the in-soles removable to accommodate my custom orthotics?
- Dori: "I found them comfortable but not for standing long periods of time. I believe you could put in your orthotics if you go up a 1/2 size. I will be purchasing another pair soon."
- Kristina: "The insoles are not removable. I use orthics and put them on top of the insole and that woks ok."
- Edina: "Yes they are orthotic friendly"
- Diane: "No, they seem to be in there permanently. Its a soft spongy type."
- Karen: "Correction about color: The color is LUNAR ROCK MESH, not STONE."
- Karen: "Possibly orthotic-friendly -- but could be tricky finding shoes sized properly. Insoles are not removable -- but may accommodate custom orthotics. It will depend first on if you can get the right size. I purchased black and stone in 2 sizes each (9.5 & 10) and the variations in sizing are inexplicable. The black 9.5 was sized like an 8; the 10 was like an 11 or so. The stone in 9.5 was barely a 9.5, but fits. I also purchased black in size 6.5W & 7W for my mother. Again, the sizing is off. The 7W was huge, like a 7.5-8W. The 6.5W was not wide--it looked narrow, but it fit her well enough. I am able to use 3/4 length Spenco Gel insole heel/arch supports, with an additional, firmer (small wedge-like) arch support underneath to get the perfect support I need in these shoes. I can't wear a full-length insole, because there would not be enough room for the front of feet and toes. As I stated, these shoes just fit me. I found that these shoes would not fit comfortably at the back of my heels if I did not need to use the insoles in them. The back of the shoe (in some colors more than others) comes up too high, and will rub you raw. The lift of the inserts eliminates this problem. Also, the shoes are very cushiony-feeling when you stand and walk in them. The entire shoe is very flexible, and the interior is soft and cushioned. I think it is possible to use your orthotics, IF you can find the right size and color combination. I lucked out with the Stone (light grey w/coral trim), and if it had been a little bigger all the way around I could have used full-length insert. I wish you luck! If you are able to find ones that work, I think you will be very pleased with the shoes."