FamousFootwear.com asked: Why did you choose this?
- Terri L: "I bought these just before a big snowstorm in Minnesota last fall. They were perfect and completely warm and waterproof for hours of shoveling. After I purchased them, my daughter, sister and niece also went and got a pair. Awesome."
- Annette: "Wanted stylish snow boots that were warm and waterproof"
- Peg: "They are a wonderful fit and keep my feet very warm"
- Kathleen: "i needed warm winter boots with a rubber sole"
- judy: "they looked dressy but hopefully extremely warm."
- Natalia B: "I needed warm boots!"
- Stella: "thought my daughter would like them for Christmas. She didn't."
- Miriam: "I am looking for winter boots that are warm, waterproof and has good traction. According to the reviews at several websites, including this one, these shoes fit my criteria."
Jami asked: Are these shiny like they appear in the picture?
- Jennifer: "Yes, the boots have a shine to them, but they're not reflective like plastic is."
- Yvette: "They are kind of a matte-shiny, being that they are fabric and not vinyl or leather. Think polyester-parachute fabric, so there's a sheen to it."
- Cindy: "A soft shine, very nice"
- Robert S: "Very shiny. My daughter not crazy about them. Think we're returning"
- Shirley: "Somewhat but not bad, I love them so comfortable ......"
- Vicki D: "Yes they are. I am wearing mine for the first time today. I am at work and did not remember to bring extra shoes which is just fine since my feet are always cold. These boots fix great and are very warm. Based on the comments I read, I did order a 1/2 size larger and they are perfect. Just enough room to add heavy socks if I want."
- Candice: "They're not super shiny, definitely not plastic shiny. I think the shine in the picture is just from the lighting. The material is a soft nylon and has a bit of a sheen. If you're looking for something not really shiny, these will be fine. Also, they are very warm and super comfy, so their practicality trumps their looks (although I think they're nice looking)."
- Michael: "Yes. But not super shiny. My wife lives them. "
- Ellen: "Yes, they are somewhat shiny. They look in person, like they look in the picture. It's a fabric type material that reflects light."
- Sharon: "Can't say....they were not delivered yet and we are having a blizzard in a day"
- Candace: "No, they are more of a matte finish."
- Tatenesha: "Yes it has a shine to it and they are perfect for the snow... "
- Robert: "They are not that shiny, love them!"
- Barbara: "Sorry, but I haven't received them yet."
- KAYLENE: "Jami they are shiny Run true to size and are comfortable."
- Elizabeth: "Yes they are beautiful shoes warm comfortable and look wonderful in any outfit"
- Ellen: "Yes"
Fran asked: Is the Columbia women's Minx boot totally waterproof? The site says it has waterproof uppers but how about the seams? Thanks
- Joyce: "Sorry, Don't know. Bought them for my daughter who specifically asked for them. "
- Annette: "I have not used them yet. They are a Christmas gift"
- Linda: "Yes they are waterproof. I haven't had any water inside the boots. "
- christopher: "I bougt these for my wife and yes they are 100% waterproof and they look great to!"
- Sarita: "I walked around minor water puddles but nothing ankle deep. My feet stayed dried and the seams held up pretty good."
Lynn asked: Are these a slip on even though there are laces in the front? I don't see a side zip.
- Jennifer: "You can loosen and tighten the laces like a gym shoe- there is no side zipper. They actually slip on pretty easily."
- Robert: "Slip on!"
- Annette: "Slip on"
- Natalie (staff): "Hi Lynn, Yes, this is a slip on boot. There is no zipper. Thank you, Natalie FamousFootwear.com"
H asked: do these run small or larger than the stated size, or are they true to size? Please answer the question and leave out all kinds of extra information.
- Rhonda: "They seem to run true to size. However, I have to order an 11 instead of a 10 1/2 so I cannot say for sure. If anything they might be a little larger/wider. "
- Renee: "These are true to size."
- Lizzie: "They do run small. I wear 7.5 and bought 8 in these they fit like a 7.5 with regular socks on. I would go up at least a half size, a full size if you want room for thick socks."
- Natalie (staff): "Hello, Based on customer feedback, these have been running a little small. You may want to order a half size larger than your regular size. Thank you, FamousFootwear.com"