FamousFootwear.com asked: Why did you choose this?
- Mary: "I purchased this same shoe about a month ago. It was the only pair of shoes that I have ever purchased that didn't hurt my feet right away. Very comfortable."
- Dawn: "all leather and just plain white."
- judith: "I like the fit with my orthodics,also I need a high toe box."
- Carol: "comfort, stability ---I hope!"
- Beatrice: "OMG"
- Priscilla: "This is the only style that doesn't hurt my wide feet with hammer toes."
- Charles: "extra extra wide"
- Diane: "Recommended by my mother's physical therapist. Also, she needs the extra wide width."
- Kathy: "Comfort"
- Patricia: "need extra,wide athletic shoes"
- Jackie: "Good walking shoes"
- R: "needed double wide sneakers due to bunion and hammertoe surgery, read a review and felt they'd be a good choice for me. I usually buy NB wide for work and are always a good fit. hopefully these will be a perfect fit."
- laurie: "heel spurs dr recommended"
Carol asked: Would this shoe size EX-wide be the same as 4E width?
- Janet: "I can't really help here. I usually purchase narrow shoes. These seemed to me to run a little wider than normal, however."
- P: "Hello. I can tell you that New Balance's run true to size. My feet are narrow. So when it is offered I can get the 2A which is their narrow size. I ordered this same sneaker in black. It was only available in medium size. Which was a little bigger. If you are able to, I would go to famous footwear store and try the EX-wide to compare the width. Hope this helped."
- James: "Hi Carol, I am unfamiliar with how the exact sizing works, although I'd consider myself a 4E and these shoes fit well."
- Cynthia: "I believe so. They run wide anyway. I LOVE mine. They are very comfortable and great looking. Hope I helped !!!"
Darlene asked: Since New Balance encourages selection of their shoes based on the shoe last (as well as the usual size and width), what is the shoe last designation for this shoe?
- Natalie (staff): "Hi Darlene, The shoe last designation for this shoe is SL-2. Thank you, Natalie FamousFootwear.com"
Cassandra asked: How heavy is this shoe (weight)? I need to find a shoe that is lightweight.
- Janet: "Cassandra, I found this shoe to be a bit heavier than my normal tennis shoe, although, not to the extreme. I did not notice it in walking so much, but to physically pick up the shoe, you can tell the difference."
- E. Louise: "This is a medium weight shoe. It's not "heavy" nor is it as lightweight as other shoes. But I feel the weight goes with the better shoe."
- Carolyn: "I would consider this a medium weight shoe. It is not what I would call light, but it is not heavy."
- Kathleen: "The #577 is very light and extremely comfortable. I have rheumatoid arthritis and it is the only shoe I wear. I highly recommend it."