FamousFootwear.com asked: Why did you choose this?
- Susan: "For the motion control."
- Laura: "Roll bar for stability!"
tiffany asked: I suffer from heel pain because I have low arches, I stand on concrete for 10 hours a day, do you think these are good for that? also does the width run narrow or larger?
- MURIEL: "I love these shoes. They are very comfortable and the toe area is wide enough that any sock can be worn. I don't stand on concrete but am on the go all day long and have not had any problems with my feet"
- Arlianne: "The 812 did not work for me because of the roll bar due to a problem I have with one of my feet. I do beleive they are comfortable otherwise and size and width true to size. I have problem feet and New Balance is the shoe I always turn to."
- Nona: "Hello, Tiffany, I liked the NB 811 better, but the 812 is good, not perfect. The arch support is not as high or firm as I wish it could be. It runs true to width; runs smallish to length. I had trouble with my great toe getting squished and rubbing. The shoes were comfortable enough for me for about 9 months of wear in a hospital setting. If you try them, don't think they will 'break in'! What you first feel is what you get forever! Good Luck!"
- Marcia: "I have a wide foot and a tailors bunion on the right outer side and can wear a gel pad and the shoe can accommodate that. I am a nurse in the ER and am on my feet 12 hours every shift 3 days a week. When this shoe wears down I start getting heel pain otherwise I have had none of that. Great shoe, heavy duty but that's okay. I get the 8,5 wide. nice box toe also."
- cynthia: "Very comfy, great support, true to size, shoe is light,.great fit for me with wide foot and no arche. "
- Adrienne: "I don't share your problems, but I wear these a lot for walking and am comfortable. They are well cushioned and I like being able to remove and wash the liners. In my opinion the width runs larger, my 2E is wider than I expected, leaves room for socks if I care to use them."