FamousFootwear.com asked: Why did you choose this?
- Shirley A: "narrow width"
- Sherry: "The roll bar provides great stability."
- elaine: "liked the look of the sneaker"
- LouAnn: "support - comfort - durability, Made here in USA!! a repeat purchase for this brand and style."
- Carol: "based upon reviews and reputation"
- Anita: "Been wearing these for years!"
- Marcia: "Only new balance that gives me the stability I need and they last longer than others. Much better for me than the 804"
- Diana: "Because of the support of a rollbar."
- Sandra: "I've worn this brand/style shoe for years. Perfect fit and no problems. When I ordered the same shoe in the beige, the shoe was too tight but the white is perfect!"
- K: "Trying something new"
- Paula: "I have heal pain"
JoAnn asked: Does anyone know how much difference there is between an extra wide, and extra, extra wide?
- Jeanne: "I have used a chart (googled how to measure shoes) The charts I have list the various sizes and the widths that correspond to each size. Drawing around both feet and then measuring the longest length of each foot as well as the widest width - compare those measurements to the chart and then you'll know what size and width in that size you'll need. Always go with fitting the larger foot . I got these shoes to accommodate custom foot orthotics and hammer toes. So not only are they wide but also deeper than most shoes are. Hope this helps"
- Elsie: "Don't know. Only know extra extra would be too wide for me!"
- Arlianne: "I don't know how much this will help you, but I have gotten D's in the past and they were a little tight so I tried E's and they are so much more comfortable all the way around. Even though I have not been able to wear the 812 due to the roll bar, I have been happy with a walking shoe in New Balance in E width. I have extra wide feet and E is hard to find at Famous Footwear."
- Marcia: "I have E width feet but get the extra wide and then just pu a stretcher in on one shoe for a hair more room. I never tried the extra , extra wide; they are leather and do stretch out after a few weeks, Hope this helps"
tiffany asked: I suffer from heel pain because I have low arches, I stand on concrete for 10 hours a day, do you think these are good for that? also does the width run narrow or larger?
- MURIEL: "I love these shoes. They are very comfortable and the toe area is wide enough that any sock can be worn. I don't stand on concrete but am on the go all day long and have not had any problems with my feet"
- Arlianne: "The 812 did not work for me because of the roll bar due to a problem I have with one of my feet. I do beleive they are comfortable otherwise and size and width true to size. I have problem feet and New Balance is the shoe I always turn to."
- Nona: "Hello, Tiffany, I liked the NB 811 better, but the 812 is good, not perfect. The arch support is not as high or firm as I wish it could be. It runs true to width; runs smallish to length. I had trouble with my great toe getting squished and rubbing. The shoes were comfortable enough for me for about 9 months of wear in a hospital setting. If you try them, don't think they will 'break in'! What you first feel is what you get forever! Good Luck!"
- Marcia: "I have a wide foot and a tailors bunion on the right outer side and can wear a gel pad and the shoe can accommodate that. I am a nurse in the ER and am on my feet 12 hours every shift 3 days a week. When this shoe wears down I start getting heel pain otherwise I have had none of that. Great shoe, heavy duty but that's okay. I get the 8,5 wide. nice box toe also."
- cynthia: "Very comfy, great support, true to size, shoe is light,.great fit for me with wide foot and no arche. "
- Adrienne: "I don't share your problems, but I wear these a lot for walking and am comfortable. They are well cushioned and I like being able to remove and wash the liners. In my opinion the width runs larger, my 2E is wider than I expected, leaves room for socks if I care to use them."