FamousFootwear.com asked: Why did you choose this?
- Joseph: "Comfortable. Not too expensive. Lasted a long time. Currently in my fourth pair."
- Richard: "This will be my 4th pair. They're perfect and comfy."
- Phil: "I had a pair of these I bought at a retail sporting goods store and I liked them very much but they have become worn out. Was looking for another pair and have been unable to find them until I just recently stumbled onto them in your store I had been viewing on ebay."
- Lynne: "I wear a women's size 11.5, hard to find; I often have to resort to men's sizes and then wear thick socks. These have a removable insole so I can insert the orthotics I have for flat feet, and they lace up to give extra support. Great for touring Europe, on my feet all day."
- Teresa: "we already have some and love the fit"
Lynne asked: I wear orthotics for my flat feet, so too much of an arch support is uncomfortable for me. Does this shoe have an arch support? And if it does, is it removable so I can slip my orthotics in instead?
- Randy: "The boot comes with a footbed that has minimal arch support and is easily removable. I use a custom arch support that works great with this shoe, so I am sure you will have no problem using yours."
- martin: "There is some minimal arch support and is not removable. The shoe is very comfortable and lite."
- Ron: "I wear orthotics and have had no problem with them in these boots. A suggestion, take the factory sole pad out and replace with some good gel ones."
- Joe: "Lynne, I currently have 15 pair of the exact Columbia shoe you ask about. They are the best. With two knee and previous back surgeries, the demand for supporting footwear is up most important. Days start at 04:00 into some late evenings. These shoes have great support and wonderful rebound the next day in regards to inserts provided by Columbia. I do however, alternate pairs each day to give that fresh feel. Looking at pair with 500 miles plus still have remarkable elasticity in all rubber. Material looks good even after long days on the flight line. My co-workers joke about me taking at lest three pair when flying around the world. I have worn these to events in front of Prince of Qatar, leaders in Malaysia. The Burke model YM6390-255 ( the one your looking at) can be worn as casual,work or play. Note: I mark each pair on inside label differently, I,E, red dot in the "O" of Columbia. You do not want to miss pair L/R with one new and other half worn. Good luck, Joe Rice Flight Line Maintainer"
- Edwin: "I have problems getting proper fitting shoes too. I have size 14 feet that are also flat. There is an arch support but only along the very inside wall of the shoe, not across the bottom like some. With that said, these are the most comfortable shoes I have EVER worn, and have held up very well. I like them so much that I only days ago I ordered three more pairs to insure I have them for some time. I hope this helps."
- Timothy: "I wear orthotics also. And you can remove the insoles. Those shoes are not that comfortable to me. I don't wear them any more."
- Colleen: "I also have one flat foot and I wear memory foam insoles in these shoes. Until the insole goes down a little I have to wear a little bit thinner socks, but they work real well for me. Sincerely, Colleen"
- Darlene M: "It does contain a none removable arch support but.it isn't excessive, I wear these for work and had room to add an insole into them comfortably. "
- Melissa: "Yes, Lynne! My husband wears these shoes & he removes the insert & replaces them with his orthotics."
Skip asked: is the columbia birkie trail shoe water resistent?
- Kirk: "Yes, but don't go 'singing in the rain'."
- Kim: "They are to a point, if you wanted to make them completely water resistant you may want to use a water repellant spray for shoes."
- Andrea M: "We go to the trails and use these shoes while horseback riding. The shoe is a thick material and I have not had any problems with water. I am not completely sure they are totally waterproof."
- Larry: "Skip, I've been wearing this shoe model for about 10 years. It is probably more like water resistant, not water proof. It keeps your feet pretty dry. They are also warm in the winter and cool in the summer."
Jeff asked: Need the columbia burke trail in a 11.0 WIDE. Saw it n 1 of your stores can I order?
- Emily (staff): "Hello Jeff,Hello, To locate a certain style, simply visit the item of interest on our website then follow these instructions: 1. Locate the grey Find it at a Famous Footwear store button (appears on every shoe page - just under the add the cart button) 2. Enter your zip code 3. Call the most convenient store listed, confirm that your shoes are in stock, and put them on hold. Thank you, Famousfootwear.com"
Roger asked: Is the shoe a slip on or do the laces need to be tied?
- Kirk: "Yes, the laces need to be tied. These are light in weight and comfortable wearing. A good value in my opinion."
- Jordan: "Laces need to be tied."
- Walter: "the laces need to be tied."
- Jordan: "Laces need to be tied "
- Larry: "This is a tie type shoe. The laces are great, as they hardly ever come loose if you sinch them up. I've been wearing this shoe model for about 10 years. They are awesome. They keep your feet warm in the winter and are not overly warm on your feet in the summer. They wear real well and are comfortable from the moment you put them on, with NO BREAK-IN PERIOD NEEDED!!!!! You do not have to unlace them to take them off or put them on. You just sort of slip on and tie or untie and slip off."
- Donna: "Laces need to be tied."
- Melissa: "Definitely not a slip-on shoe. You have to tie the laces."