FamousFootwear.com asked: Why did you choose this?
- Kellye: "wanted some boots for riding"
- Angela: "Had purchased two years ago this is replacement pair. Best boots ever so comfy"
- Diane: "Liked size and style and color"
- Juanita: "style and reviews very comfortable"
- vickie: "Granddaughter xmas"
- Kathryn: "price, color and fit"
- J: "style, available in black and wide"
- Angela: "I read the reviews regarding the roominess provided for larger calves."
- Karen: "I have these in brown and they are so comfortable and fit my wide calves. I can't find any black ones that are as comfortable so I purchased these in black also."
- Laurie: "Because I really wanted a pair"
- Debbie: "I wanted the comfort of this boot for work"
- Susan: "I want a pair of boots to wear over my pants in the winter - hope the W width will allow me to do this.,"
- Liz: "seems like a nice fit and having the wide selection is awesome"
Bianca asked: What is th e calf circonference?
- Julie: "Hi! Keep in mind that I used a steel tape measure instead of a standard one and I measured it as 14 inches at its widest calf area. Hope it helps!"
Tina asked: what is the circumference of the calf for a size 8...Also, is the wide width for the shoe part or the shaft of the boot?
- Natalie (staff): "Hi Tina, The circumference for a size 8 is approximately 15 inches. The wide with is for the shoe, not the shaft. Thank you, Natalie FamousFootwear.com"
Kelsey asked: If I get medium width, will these fit my NOT wide calves? I have been searching for over two weeks for a pair of boots that is NOT for wide calves and have yet to find a single one. I've already bought and returned three pairs!
- katie Jean: "My calves are thin to average. These boots do not fit tight, but because they are a more casual style I am ok with the fit."
- Miranda: "I just re-read your question and tried to edit my answer, but it won't let me. They are quite wide, but not sloppy. I am having trouble finding anything fitted. My calves are pretty medium and I'm having similar problems, but I kept this one because it worked okay. Hope that helps better than my first answer."
- Juvy: "This boots are very comfortable and I never regret I bought them, but to answer your question honestly, I would have to say NO it would not be a perfect fit for your NOT wide calves. My calves are 15" and they are just perfect. So if you want boots that will hug your calves, this won't work for you."
- Andrea: "They are really wide. I don't think the width will matter to the calf size. I have big calves from dancing and I don't need the wide calf feature in these boots."
- Ruth: "I think this is a good pair for you because my mom had the same deal with here's and they fit her perfect!!"