FamousFootwear.com asked: Why did you choose this?
Theresa asked: the 2 med says preschool, my daughter is in 3rd grade does this have a different measuring system?
- Lisa: "My twin girls are both 3rd graders and I buy them the grade school sizes. You may want to take her inside the store and have her measured because that sounds very small for a 3rd grader. I purchased them for Christmas and we've gotten so many compliments on them. And they look so much better in person. Simply beautiful. Hope this helps."
- Megan: "No, it fits like all other shoes... and looks great. My daughter loves it. She's in preschool, and wears a 12."
- Mary: "No, my daughter is in first grade but tall for her age. Just go by her regular foot measurement."
- Linda: "No absolutely not - my daughter measures about a 12.5 and I got her a 13 and they are fine. I don't think the "Pre-school" means anything. Lots of compliments on them."
- modupe: "well, my daughter is 2yrs and 6mths she wears size 12 because her leg is long. it all depends on how big her leg is."
- Julie: "Hi Theresa, I found this confusing as well. FF needs to change the sizes listed online. Your instinct is correct -- I bought the 2 medium for my daughter who is in second grade (but tall for her age) and they fit her. These boots are NOT for pre-school children; they are for grade school (elementary school) aged girls. I hope this is helpful. P.S. My daughter loves these boots!"
- Kelly: "My daughter is in 5 th grade and wears this size 2 perfectly (she is small for her age)"
- Malke: "it's a mistake...I ordered the same size for my tall 2nd grade daughter and it was the correct size...they should re-name it"
- Emily (staff): "Sorry for the confusion. We realize many children do not follow the exact pattern we define in the sizing chart as pre-school vs grade-school. Do not worry about ordering the wrong size because there is no overlap in sizing between pre-school and grade-school. Just make sure not to order an infant or toddler shoe though, as they do come in the same numerical size, but are significantly smaller. Here is the breakdown: Infant: sizes 0 - 4 Toddler: sizes 4? - 10 Pre School: sizes 10? - 3 Grade School: sizes 3? - 7 Thank you for pointing out the confusion, we are working to figure out a clearer way to message kids sizing to customers in the future and appreciate the feedback. Thank you, FamousFootwear.com"