The "Red Carpet Getaway" Sweepstakes
NO PURCHASE NECESSARY TO ENTER OR WIN. A PURCHASE DOES NOT IMPROVE YOUR CHANCES OF WINNING.
Message and data rates may apply. Send STOP to 326687 to cancel; send HELP to 326687 for more information. Each text message, sent or received by a text-message device may incur a charge as provided in the entrant’s rate plan. If an entrant enters via text messaging, the entrant consents to receiving a return text message notifying them of the entry result. The Sponsor does not charge entrants for sending or receiving text messages.
This Sweepstakes may only be entered in or from the 50 United States and the District of Columbia, and entries originating from any other jurisdiction are not eligible for entry. This Sweepstakes is governed exclusively by the laws of the United States. You are not authorized to participate in the Sweepstakes if you are not located within the 50 United States or the District of Columbia.
1. How to Enter. You may enter the Red Carpet Getaway Sweepstakes ("Sweepstakes") in one of two ways:
(a) Entry by Text Message: Entrants may enter once daily during the Sweepstakes Period by sending a text message with the keyword MOVIES to short code 326687. Each text message sent constitutes one (1) entry for that day. Entrants will immediately receive a return text message notifying them of the entry results. Message and data rates may apply for entrants who play by text messaging. Text messaging entrants will be charged according to their carrier’s standard text messaging rates. Entrants should contact their carrier for pricing plans and details. Check your phone's capabilities for specific instructions. Entry via text-messaging is available on participating US carriers only: Alltel PCS, Boost Mobile, Boost-CDMA, Cellcom, Cellular South Wireless, Cincinnati Bell Wireless, Cingular, Leap Wireless, Nextel, nTelos Wireless, Sprint, T-Mobile, U.S. Cellular, and Verizon Wireless. Sponsor reserves the right to modify the list of participating carriers at any time. By entering the Sweepstakes, entrants consent to receive a return text message notifying them of whether they are a potential winner of a daily prize.
(b) Free Method of Entry (to enter without using a texting device): To enter the sweeps without using a texting device, entrants may visit www.famous.com/cinema and complete the online entry form. Entrants must include the following information: name, address, email, and phone number. No text message will be sent as a result of this online entry process. Only fully completed entry forms are eligible.
All entrants must have a valid contact phone number. Limit one (1) entry per person per phone number per day. No automated entry devices and/or programs permitted. All entries become the sole and exclusive property of the Sponsor, and receipt of entries will not be acknowledged or returned. Delivery of prizes requires a street address (no P.O. Boxes). Sponsor is not responsible for lost, late, illegible, stolen, incomplete, invalid, unintelligible, misdirected, technically corrupted or garbled entries, which will be disqualified, or for problems of any kind whether mechanical, human or electronic. Proof of submission will not be deemed to be proof of receipt by Sponsor.
2. Start/End Dates. Sweepstakes begins at 12:01:00AM (EST) on July 20, 2012 and ends at 11:59:59PM (EST) on September 16, 2012 ("Sweepstakes Period").
3. Eligibility. Participation open only to legal residents of the 50 United States or the District of Columbia who are at least 18 years old and have reached the age of majority in their home state as of date of entry. Void outside of the 50 United States and the District of Columbia, and where prohibited, taxed or restricted by law. Employees, officers and directors of BG Retail, LLC. ("Sponsor") and its parent companies, subsidiaries, affiliates, partners, advertising and promotion agencies, manufacturers or distributors of Sweepstakes materials and their immediate families (parents, children, siblings, spouse) or members of the same household (whether related or not) of such employees/officers/directors are not eligible to enter. All federal, state and local laws and regulations apply.
4. Random Drawing/Odds. The grand prize winner will be selected in a random drawing from all eligible entries received on or about September 30, 2012. One daily prize winner will be selected in a random drawing during each day of the Sweepstakes Period. Odds of winning depend on the number of eligible entries received for the drawing. All drawings will be conducted by a Sponsor representative. By entering the Sweepstakes, entrants fully and unconditionally agree to be bound by these rules and the decisions of Sponsor, which will be final and binding in all matters relating to the Sweepstakes.
(a) Grand Prize: One (1) grand prize winner will receive a 2 day/1 night trip for winner and a guest to either New York City or Los Angeles, as determined by Sponsor in its sole discretion. Grand prize shall include (a) roundtrip economy class airfare for winner and a travel companion from major gateway airport nearest winner’s residence; (b) standard double occupancy hotel accommodations; and (c) tickets for winner and travel companion to the red carpet premiere of a movie selected by Sponsor in its sole discretion. Approximate retail value of grand prize: $1,600. Taxes, meals, gratuities, travel upgrades, or any other expenses not specifically listed herein are the responsibility of grand prize winner. Travel and accommodations subject to availability; certain restrictions and blackout dates may apply. Winner must travel between October 1, 2012 and December 31, 2012, on dates selected by Sponsor in its sole discretion, or the grand prize will be forfeited and will be awarded to an alternate. Winner and travel companion must travel on the same itinerary, winner and travel companion must sign travel releases prior to ticketing. Travel companion must be of the age of majority in his/her state of residence unless the winner is travel companion’s parent or legal guardian. Sponsor is not liable for delays, cancellation or unforeseen events related to the flights. Winner and travel companion will be solely responsible for obtaining valid identification relating to acceptance and use of the travel prize packages. If, in the judgment of Sponsor, air travel is not required due to winner’s proximity to prize location, ground transportation will be substituted for roundtrip air travel at Sponsor’s sole discretion. Sponsor will not replace any lost, mutilated, or stolen tickets, travel vouchers or certificates. Actual value of prize may vary depending on air flight fluctuations and distance between departure and destination. Winner will not receive difference between actual and approximate retail value.
(b) Daily prizes: Each daily prize winner will receive either (a) a $25 Famous Footwear gift card (all gift card restrictions apply) or (b) one of twenty-five Screenvision movie cash awards, which may be redeemed for two (2) movie tickets, as determined by Sponsor in its sole discretion. ARV of each daily prize: $25. One daily prize winner will be selected during each day of the Sweepstakes Period.
Total ARV of all prizes combined: $3,050.
Prizes are non-transferable. No substitutions or cash redemptions. In the case of unavailability of any prize, Sponsor reserves the right to substitute a prize of equal or greater value. All unspecified expenses are the responsibility of winners.
6. Notification. If the entrant is a potential winner of a daily prize, the entrant will be notified immediately (a) by text if the entrant entered by text message and (b) by a message on the website upon completing their online entry. Entrants must follow the instructions provided to claim the prize. If a potential winner of a prize does not follow the claiming instructions provided, if any daily prize or daily prize notification is returned as undeliverable, if any daily prize winner rejects the daily prize or in the event of noncompliance with these Sweepstakes rules and requirements, the potential winner forfeits the daily prize, and it will not be awarded to another entrant. Upon daily prize forfeiture, no compensation will be given. Limit one daily prize per person or household. Daily prize winners are eligible for grand prize also. The grand prize winner will be notified via phone. The grand prize winner will be required to sign and return, where legal, an Affidavit of Eligibility and Liability/Publicity Release within seven (7) days of prize notification. If any grand prize winner cannot be contacted within five (5) calendar days of the first notification attempt, if any grand prize or grand prize notification is returned as undeliverable, if any grand prize winner rejects the grand prize or in the event of noncompliance with these Sweepstakes rules and requirements, the grand prize will be forfeited and an alternate winner will be selected from all remaining eligible entries. Upon grand prize forfeiture, no compensation will be given.
7. Conditions. All federal, state and local taxes are the sole responsibility of the winners. Participation in Sweepstakes and acceptance of any prize constitutes each winner’s permission for Sponsor to use his/her name, address (city and state), likeness, photograph, picture, portrait, voice, biographical information and/or any statements made by each winner regarding the Sweepstakes and/or Sponsor for advertising and promotional purposes without notice or additional compensation, except where prohibited by law. By participating, entrants, winners and travel companion agree to release and hold harmless Sponsor, Screenvision Holdco, LLC and each of their affiliates, partners and promotion and advertising agencies and their respective parent companies, subsidiaries, affiliates, partners, representatives, agents, successors, assigns, employees, officers and directors (collectively, the "Sweepstakes Entities"), from any and all liability, for loss, harm, damage, injury, cost or expense whatsoever including without limitation, property damage, personal injury and/or death which may occur in connection with, preparation for, travel to, or participation in this Sweepstakes, or possession, acceptance and/or use or misuse of prize or participation in any Sweepstakes-related activity and for any claims based on publicity rights, defamation or invasion of privacy and merchandise delivery. The Sweepstakes Entities are not responsible if this Sweepstakes cannot take place or if the prize cannot be awarded due to travel cancellations, delays or interruptions due to acts of God, acts of war, natural disasters, weather or acts of terrorism. Entrants who do not comply with these Official Rules, or attempt to interfere with this Sweepstakes in any way shall be disqualified.
8. Additional Terms. In case of any dispute as to the identity of any entrant, entry will be declared made by the authorized account holder of the phone number at the time of entry. "Authorized Account Holder" is defined as the natural person who is assigned phone number by a provider, or other organization (e.g., business, educational, institution, etc.) responsible for assigning telephone numbers. Any potential winner may be requested to provide Sponsor with proof that such winner is the authorized account holder of the phone number associated with the winning entry. Any other attempted form of entry is prohibited; no automatic, programmed; robotic or similar means of entry are permitted. The Sweepstakes Entities are not responsible for technical, hardware, software, telephone, mobile or other communications malfunctions, errors or failures of any kind, lost or unavailable network connections, web site, Internet, or ISP availability, unauthorized human intervention, traffic congestion, incomplete or inaccurate capture of entry information (regardless of cause) or failed, incomplete, garbled, jumbled or delayed computer and/or mobile transmissions which may limit one’s ability to enter the Sweepstakes, including any injury or damage to participant’s or any other person’s computer and/or mobile device relating to or resulting from participating in this Sweepstakes or downloading any materials in this Sweepstakes. Sponsor reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to cancel, terminate, modify, extend or suspend this Sweepstakes (in its sole discretion) should any virus, bugs, non-authorized human intervention, fraud or other causes beyond its control corrupt or affect the administration, security, fairness or proper conduct of the Sweepstakes. In such case, Sponsor may select the winners from all eligible entries received prior to and/or after (if appropriate) the action taken by Sponsor. Sponsor reserves the right, at its sole discretion, to disqualify any individual it finds, in its sole discretion, to be tampering with the entry process or the operation of the Sweepstakes or web site. Sponsor may prohibit an entrant from participating in the Sweepstakes or winning a prize if, in its sole discretion, it determines that said entrant is attempting to undermine the legitimate operation of the Sweepstakes by cheating, hacking, deception, or other unfair playing practices (including the use of automated quick entry programs) or intending to annoy, abuse, threaten or harass any other entrants or Sponsor representatives.
CAUTION: ANY ATTEMPT BY AN ENTRANT TO DELIBERATELY DAMAGE ANY WEB SITE OR UNDERMINE THE LEGITIMATE OPERATION OF THE SWEEPSTAKES MAY BE A VIOLATION OF CRIMINAL AND CIVIL LAWS AND SHOULD SUCH AN ATTEMPT BE MADE, THE SPONSOR RESERVES THE RIGHT TO SEEK DAMAGES FROM ANY SUCH PERSON TO THE FULLEST EXTENT PERMITTED BY LAW.
9. Limitation of Liability; Disclaimer of Warranties. IN NO EVENT WILL THE SWEEPSTAKES ENTITIES BE RESPONSIBLE OR LIABLE FOR ANY DAMAGES OR LOSSES OF ANY KIND, INCLUDING DIRECT, INDIRECT, INCIDENTAL, CONSEQUENTIAL OR PUNITIVE DAMAGES ARISING OUT OF YOUR ACCESS TO AND USE OF THE SERVICE AND/OR THE SWEEPSTAKES, DOWNLOADING FROM AND/OR PRINTING MATERIAL DOWNLOADED FROM ANY WEBSITES ASSOCIATED WITH THE SWEEPSTAKES. IN NO EVENT SHALL THE SWEEPSTAKES ENTITIES’ TOTAL LIABILITY TO YOU FOR ALL DAMAGES, LOSSES, OR CAUSES OF ACTION EXCEED $10. WITHOUT LIMITING THE FOREGOING, THIS SWEEPSTAKES AND ALL PRIZES ARE PROVIDED "AS IS" WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, EITHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO, THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE OR NON-INFRINGEMENT.
10. Disputes; Governing Law. The parties waive all rights to trial in any action or proceeding instituted in connection with these Official Rules, including, without limitation, the Sweepstakes. Any controversy or claim arising out of or relating to these Official Rules and/or the Sweepstakes shall be settled by binding arbitration in accordance with the commercial arbitration rules of the American Arbitration Association. Any such controversy or claim shall be arbitrated on an individual basis, and shall not be consolidated in any arbitration with any claim or controversy of any other party. The arbitration shall be conducted in the State of Missouri, County of St. Louis.
THESE OFFICIAL RULES AND THE INTERPRETATION OF ITS TERMS SHALL BE GOVERNED BY AND CONSTRUED IN ACCORDANCE WITH THE LAWS OF THE STATE OF MISSOURI WITHOUT REGARD TO ANY CONFLICT OF LAWS PRINCIPLES. For any matters which are not subject to arbitration as set forth in these Official Rules and/or in connection with the entering of any judgment on an arbitration award in connection with these Official Rules and/or the Sweepstakes, the parties irrevocably submit and consent to the exclusive jurisdiction and venue of the state courts in the County of St. Louis in the State of Missouri and the federal courts located in the City of St. Louis in the State of Missouri. The parties agree not to raise the defense of forum non conveniens.
12. List of Winners/Winner’s Name. To obtain a list of winners/the name of the grand prize winner, send a self-addressed, stamped envelope by December 15, 2012 to Caleres, Inc./Famous Footwear, ATTN: Amy Rose, 8300 Maryland Avenue, St. Louis, MO 63105.
13. Sponsor. BG Retail, LLC., 8300 Maryland Avenue, St. Louis, MO 63105.